NEW GALLEY CUSTOM FRIDGE FREEZER 40m MOTOR YACHT REFIT
HIGH CAPACITY CUSTOM FRIDGE FREEZER SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO INCREASE REFRIGERATION CAPACITY FOR THE GALLEY OF A 40M MOTOR YACHT. FINISHED IN BRUSHED STAINLESS STEEL TO COMPLIMENT THE YACHTS HIGH GLOSS MODERN INTERIOR STYLING WHILST MAXIMISING CAPACITY IN GALLEY
Client required an increased capacity galley fridge freezer to give greater storage of chilled and frozen food onboard. The custom fridge and freezer had to be extremely reliable as well as aesthetically pleasing to compliment the clean high gloss finish of the 40m luxury yachts galley interior.
By removing the existing domestic air-cooled fridge freezer, optimising all the available space and using remote sea water cooled condensing sets Penguin were able to deliver an additional 40% of refrigeration storage. Reliability and full redundancy were achieved by using two condensing sets each running part of the fridge and freezer capacity, with back up pipe sets and internal evaporators to cope with every eventuality. Water cooled condensers have the added bonus of being far more efficient, so the power consumption is lower, as is the heat output into the galley. The brushed stainless finish successfully matched client requirement combining elegance of design with great functionality.
2 Door Custom Galley Fridge 720 litre capacity coupled with 2 Door Freezer capacity 646 litre featuring:
- Exterior styling required was slam latch catches on brushed stainless steel rolled edge doors
- Polished stainless interiors making it easy to maintain and stain resistant
- Two fridge compartments with separate temperature controls, internal LED lighting and air circulation fans to optimise the internal temperature through out
- Height adjustable internal grill shelves in the fridges coupled with fiddle upstands to keep contents secure when at sea
- Door retaining stays to keep doors secure when boat is underway
- Stainless steel bottle holders on the fridge doors for large milk and drink storage
- Heated door seals – to prevent condensation around the seals
- Drain sumps designed to ensure any water or condensation in the cabinet always drains away – even when the boat is heeling when sailing
- Hidden evaporators to optimise space
- Lower freezer supplied with drawers to provide convenient access and organised storage
- Other internal options available include shelf fiddles, gastronome shelving, internal drawers and freezer flaps
This bespoke refrigeration solution is presented with a luxury brushed stainless steel exterior finish to complement the yacht’s high gloss modern interior styling.